Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chapter 11 - Disco_very

(speaking with panda eyes and zombie strenght) : "Al...most.... theree .. .. gooo goooo gooo!!"

that is an exaggeration from week 11.. ^^"
my PC has been working 24/7 for the last few weeks.. it has forgotten the meaning of Shut Down button.
At the beginning of this week, our mentor left critiques for the class as always.. I discover something that i wish i had discovered at earlier stage. This would be about the critique. Listen to a critique is probably not enough, i found that not only we must listen to our mentor critique, but we should also try to kind of put our feet on our mentor and/or other people shoes and see the work from the third point of view. I hope I make any sense. A lot of people has mentioned this, but it is not easy to actually do it. This week, there is something that clicked in my head and as cliché as it sounds, we're the most critical person when it comes to critiquing our own work. I tried out to be as honest as possible to myself, I tried to see my shot and write down a critique in my book. It was a quite long list. Interestingly, i could see my shot inside my head playing more clearly, just like the way it should be. I come into a conclusion, i should have this image playing nicely in my head since the beginning. I think this means that my planning is probably not strong enough and I was most likely losing a grip of my shot as i progressing onwards.
So here are couple of playblasts from week 11, i wish i did a revision for my digging shot too :( i still regret i didn't do it, anyways here you go :

I like to switch off all the props including the lighting, this gives me better view of the silhouette.
The 2d look in this playblast helps me to see and treat the shot like a traditional animation, well of course not technically :) .. it gives me the feel that i'm watching good ol tom and Jerry cartoon, it reminds me to have a lot fun when i animate my shot :)


the shot with props back in action.. and looks who's on the painting! :D


another one, changed and refined the arms movement when stewie steps forward


---

No comments:

Post a Comment