Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Chapter 12 - Oompa Loompa~

Week 12..
I'm not too sure why i have Oompa Loompa as a title for this week entry.. that was the first words that appeared in my head right before i started writing this entry.. maybe it's a time for some candies!
Speaking of sweets.. this is one of my favourites :D i went crazy for this one cause we don't have it back in my home town, i haven't had this for awhile though :d :


Back to the main topic, I refined my digging shot (and also the other 2!). I found so many mistakes in this shot and i feel really glad that i found them. This term i learnt abundance new knowledge. They are mostly an eye opener materials that i wished i had known earlier :) Every week in this term was full of surprise. Most of my problems were literally explained on the following week's lecture. Honestly, i had this urge to start my shot from the scratch around week 10 because of the amazing stuff that was explained on the lecture, but that's probably not the best move since i have only +/- 2 weeks left to finish the shot, and i kinda glad i didn't do it !:| .
Also, i will not forget to mention the awesome class q&a every week, i really respect and appreciate what our mentor, Tim, has taught us over the last 12 weeks! I learn a ton about body mechanics, characterization, and especially story telling from him. I also learn one new very valuable tip from him, which is analysing body mechanics from video reference (both cartoon and real life footage). This really teaches me not only to find the key poses and draw it, but also to really understand what is happening on the body. There are a lot of things that i definitely have to learn. I really want to thank him for everything, lot's of respect sir! :)
So here is, at last.. my progress reel for term 3 .. 2 .. and 1 :)


---

actually... why dont we close this entry with some amazing and hopefully inspiring videos from a movie that makes me want to be involved in this industry in the first place! :D
To all my Big Folks, enjoy!








Thank you Mr Peter Jackson, my life would be different if i never saw Lord of The Rings :)

---

I do not own the videos above..i'd like to simply share them with everyone here and i hope they will inspire you guys as well...
Please visit the xXmellemXx YouTube channel for more cool LoTR videos.
~Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment